Dig for Kids After School Program “Digging Education”
- Dig for Kids After School Program is making a difference one child at a time
- On Wednesday, we completed our 37th Digging Education program by teaching kids the importance of education and exercise.
- Did you know that in the US, we have over 1 million students drop-out of school every year?
- Over 6000 students a day or one student every 29 seconds. It’s worse for at-risk kids. The students from low-income families are 2.4 times more likely to become a “drop-out” than children of middle-income families and 10 times likelier than children of high-income families.
Dig For Kids After School Program plays an important role to help underserved children.
Are “Drop-outs” an urban or inner city problem?
- Children who drop-out of school have social implications like stress and frustration associated with their choices. Our nation’s prisons are made up of “drop-outs”. High school “dropouts” make up 82% of the America prison population.
- “Drop-outs” are eight times more likely to be in jail or prison than high school graduates
- More likely to make almost $10,000 less per year than high school graduates and live in poverty
“Digging Education” A Kids After School Program
Our goal is to create a game plan for success by teaching at-risk youth the importance of being Educated, Eating Right, and Exercising all within a safe learning environment.